Thursday, June 07, 2007

end of the affair...

A movie that seems to find me...
I look for no maganize, i look for no schedule and yet as i turn the TV, its images follow the look of my heart... attentively...closely...as if my silence was a frame, just a single frame of the storyline, a single raindrop touching the skin...


God is in the details...
and to many have i succumbed... maybe i'm supposed to be silent, locked in a promise i didn't even know i had made... a step towards a new day i didn't ask for...


In that moment you lived and in that moment i died...
Since then death becomes me...


Love doesn't go away just because we can't see each other. People go on loving God all their lives without seeing Him... Maybe that's the only kind of love to exist...
Each page, each cigarrette smoked a company to a void settled... I'm selfish to think that a detail so amazingly wonderful could ever be retained in a single frame, in a single piece of my so called life...

I'm selfish... that conciousness retrieves silence, behind a door, a confessionary...a place untold, unseen... I tumble down the rabbit hole and there i listen to my silent ecoes... moving away from selfishness... I hide my tears, my scars, my pain like the lines in an old diary, lines you've never read... All in vain...


You're hand over mine...our skin softly melted...just for a moment...that instant where our hands speak their own language, they sit still over the table as we speak...but the truth is not in those words but in the silent touch...in the stilness of our touching hands...one over the other across the table...


I follow my shadow in my long walks hoping it's not but a mild reflexion of your breath...the street cats look for me as if i'm as abandoned as they are...maybe i'm part of their path and they sign me to stay in their company...or maybe they just sense my loneliness and my silent cries...

their hearing reachs sounds we humans fail to understand...
maybe they listened
to my heart fail
my locked tears
my footsteps derail...


i'm too human
too frail...
an orchid in a dome...
and all paths do not lead to Rome...


just hope for the rain...
suffering again and again and again...
feeling nothing
numb
empty
void
but in pain... I succumb...

each image, each frame, something is trying to say...

i can only love away...


1 Comments:

Blogger Catwoman said...

The end of the affair... um dos meus filmes favoritos. London in the rain, blue gray skies, red raincoats and Michael Nyman playing in the background.Skin on skin, soul on soul, flesh and blood, love and hate. Love can be hate and hate can be love.

Há um sentido de destino neste filme que adoro, uma forma de amar que entendo.É comovente e tristemente bela a escrita paralela de um diário de amor e um diário de ódio... diários de paixão os dois. Quando Bendrix diz "I'm jealous of the rain" é de cortar a respiração..."in that moment you lived and in that moment i died" é um acto de amor enorme, um acto de sacrificio, de humildade perante Deus e o Destino. "Maybe that's the only kind of love.."

Gosto tanto deste filme que me é difícil falar sobre ele...talvez um dia consiga e nessa altura Bendrix e Sarah sairão do seu quarto na casa de bonecas, durante alguns instantes, quando as bombas deixarem de cair...

08 June, 2007 07:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home